Monday 5 December 2011

15th-16th May

I have just looked at this blog and realised I did not completely finish it. (It is now December!)

As far as I remember, the last complete day with Jack and Norma was spent quietly, with me sadly sorting out my packing in preparation for returning home.

I left Cairns airport on Sunday morning 15th May for Singapore where I was to change planes for Heathrow. I knew we had to drop down into Darwin on the way, but didn't know beforehand that we had around 3 hours there. So I was stuck in a small transit lounge with lots of other people. There was only a small cafe/bar and one small souvenir shop. A complete waste of time as I was just anxious to get on with my long journey. Anyway, the flight to Singapore was fine. An hour or so there before continuing on to London.

It had been a fantastic trip. The comprehensive tour around South Island, New Zealand, with Terry was just amazing and I had my first ever visit to Australia. My stay with Jack and Norma in Cairns was really good. As a house swap had been previously arranged with them for 3 weeks in July/August it was a great opportunity to find out about the house and local surroundings beforehand.

So - another long trip ends. Bring on the next one ....

0 comments: