Thursday 9 July 2009

Thursday 9th July - New York Day 4

Today was our last day in New York. This morning we took a different circular bus tour, this time it was the ‘uptown’ route which took us north of Central Park and through Harlem - a place I had obviously heard a lot about so it was interesting to drive through the area.

We met a friend of Leigh’s (Terry’s son) for lunch and he took us to a local restaurant where apparently a lot of theatrical people eat, but we didn’t see anyone famous, at least not that we recognised anyway. Then this afternoon we meandered around the Times Square area and sat on the chairs and just soaked up the atmosphere for what will probably be the last time this trip. We have got tickets to see a Broadway show tonight. As I live so close to London I have a better chance of going to the theatre than Terry so I left the final choice to her, and she chose ‘Chicago’. I have seen it before but Terry hasn’t but I am quite happy to see it again.

Tonight is our last night in a hotel and tomorrow we take our final train ride. Where has the time gone? Whilst in Boston we are staying with Mike and Nan - my stepson and wife - together with their 10yr old daughter Emma. Luxury - probably (but not sure until we get there) - separate rooms and proper cutlery and china. And most important, a decent cup of tea!

0 comments: