Tuesday 22 February 2011

21st February - Pottering Around in Pokeno

I have spent the day in Pokeno. Carolyn runs a catering business so is out to work before 7.00am until around lunchtime, which left me the morning to lazily start my day. Jet lag seemed to catch up with me today so I was quite happy when Carolyn came home saying that she had new orders to deal with and had paperwork and telephone calls to catch up with, therefore we wouldn't be going out. So I spent the day at home resting, reading and sitting in the sunshine trying to add a bit of colour to this pasty body of mine! I did stroll into the village in the morning for the obligatory 'flat white' and muffin, sitting outside a nice little cafe in the sunshine.



I spent a very interesting evening as Carolyn's daughter came for dinner. Julie is a business woman in her early 30's and apart from running a property development business she is also the owner of a brothel. I hasten to add she is a 'non working' owner! Brothels are legal in New Zealand and it was most interesting to learn about the 'ins and outs' (no pun intended!) of the business. She has about 12-15 girls/ women working there, some on a part time basis with 5 private rooms. Our conversation was a bit of an eye opener for me. We live and learn. I am hoping to pay a visit there later this week to see a brothel for real for the first time in my life.

0 comments: