Wednesday 16 March 2011

11th - 15th March

I haven't blogged much for the past few days as we have just been chilling at Terry's house in Waikanae.

On Friday 11th March we drove from Ohakune to Waikanae. It was a very scenic drive as far as Whangangui where we had morning coffee. It was pretty amazing that on the almost 100K drive to Whanganui we passed no townships at all. Not even a garage or small general store. We were still in pretty mountainous country and the views were again stunning - what I could see as I was driving that day! We again drove down through Bulls, with the a-bull signage, and stopped at Foxton Beach to eat our 'Subway', bought in Bulls (again, I loved the 'Subway' sign)


On return to Terry's house I had the luxury of unpacking my suitcase and actually putting my stuff away in drawers and wardrobe for a week, until we take off on our travels again on 19th.

Apart from the walks on the beautiful beaches around here and out for morning coffee, we have done very little this week. Sunday was a beautiful day and we walked along Paraparaumu beach


and in the evening we went a little way up the hill behind Waikanae to take some photos of the sun setting over Kapiti Island


I have been so lucky with the weather since I have been in New Zealand, mostly warm/hot sunshine, very little rain at all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments: