Tuesday 21 April 2009

17th - 20th April

We have not been doing very much these few days. It’s good to be relaxing and recharging batteries before things kick off when we leave here on Thursday and head north to Auckland. The weather has been quite good, although on Monday it was blowing a cold south wind and it rained occasionally. The evenings and early mornings tend to be chilly and one of the first things I did after arriving here was to go to the local ‘op shop’ (second hand shop) and buy a warm dressing gown!

Time-wise I am still not quite in the NZ zone. I wake very early and tend to nod off in front of the television around 7.30pm in the evening (ok, I know - what’s new!) I will probably just get used to it then we take off for Canada where there is a 17 hour time difference to here and I will have to start adjusting again.

The Kapiti Coast area is really nice. On Sunday we walked up to a lookout point and had great views over the coast and local countryside.

It’s lovely being back in New Zealand.

0 comments: