Thursday 16 April 2009

April 16th

Today Terry and I took the local train to Wellington to see the 'Monet and the Impressionists' Exhibition at the Te Papa Museum. It was a great exhibition and the paintings were lovely to see. We had a lovely walk around the harbour from the train station to the museum. So far the weather has been very kind to me but it was windy there. I am told it nearly always is!

I visited the same museum when I was in Wellingon in 2006 so didn't go to any other part of it today. It is a really interesting museum, showing all aspects of life in New Zealand. The website is worth a visit:
Wellington is a lovely city - the home of the New Zealand Government. It is very hilly and some of the houses on the hills must have incredible views over the city and harbour.
The hour long ride on the local train is very scenic in parts as it runs along the coast. The journey from Paraparaumu to Wellington takes around an hour.

1 comments:

Clarebear said...

Thank you for the Aon pic, ma. I am filling out the transfer paperwork as I type!